Friday, April 20, 2007

Work

Sometimes I always wonder why there is delay for projects. Where it takes long time. Here I like to share my experience. I am in the development phase of my project since last four months. Project is wrong word here, rather I say, POC, proof of concept. In first month, I was just waiting for software to be installed so total time gone waste. Still client hold me for that time, good for my company as I was billable. Soon poc kicks off and after long hours debating ups and downs, I mange to put thigns correctly at the mid of March. I was the only developer in that project. Pressure time, nobody to guide are some characteristics of the work. Now client want to sell the poc for their internal department and get revenue and raise money for project i.e. for me. So demo one back to one. Till now two demo finished. Still two to go. I always require for backup and to put things on track. But funny things is that there is no development as of now. Apart from demo no work as much. You can say that you can work on the project aspect and extend the poc. But there is no gaurantee that front end will be in java or dot net, no information about the future enhancment, in that way I am really helpless. But I can take a time to fill my blog and do own study whatever I like.I even dont bother to persue learning, not hesitate if somebody watching me.Because I have answer to defend if somebody raise concern. In all sense who got more benefited is the my company, getting revenue for nothing.
Time management is really key to success.But cannot ignore dutch style of the management. They are too good. Planning is heart of their project and they put money on that like hell and for development they are sharp and with less mistakes too. But not always. We can learn planning from them but they must learn about the developement. We are best in that n whole world knows about it.

2 comments:

Meera said...

Hey Vinay,
Came across ur blog, so just thought of sayin Hi to you. Hope u r doin gud.

Regards,
Meera.

Unknown said...

Hi Vinay,

I think you are piece of shit.

You are a Biggest Looser of all time.

you just have engineering degree but you are not real engineer. Also, you are just hard working donkey & not smart working human.

Shame on you!!